Hi my Stampin’ Friends,
when I received my Spring/Summer 2018 Stampin’ Up Catalogue back at the beginning of December last year I knew that the Hold on to Hope Stamp Set with matching Cross of Hope framelit dies would be right up my street. I am not overly religious, but this Bundle appeals to me. Such a lovely set to use as the red rubber stamps stamp a perfect image every time. Perfect to make gorgeous creative Easter Cards, as well as my beautiful Keepsake I have created today.
(Have you seen the new 2018 Spring/Summer Catalogue?) (Would you like a copy? Email me and I will post one out to you, including the Sale-a-Bration Brochure).
Here is how I made it:
1. Cut a piece of Soft Sky Cardstock at 5 1/2 x 3 1/2″ (14 x 9 cm) and score it on the long side at 2 3/4″ (7 cm)
2. Cut a piece of Island Indigo/Bermuda Bay Cardstock at 3 1/8″ x 2 3/8″ (6.5 x 8.5 cm) and a piece of Whisper White at 3 x 2 1/4″ (6 x 8 cm)
3. Cut a piece of Whisper White for the inside at 2 1/2 x 3 1/4″ (6.5 x 8.5 cm)
4. Using the Hold on to Hope Stamp Set and using Soft Sky and Island Indigo Ink stamp the images onto the Whisper White Cardstock as mentioned in 2 above (and shown in the attached video tutorial). Then stamp the images as shown for the Whisper White Cardstock mentioned in 3 above for the inside of the keepsake.
5. Die cut the detailed cross images using the Cross of Hope Dies and a Big Shot die cutting machine.
6. Glue the layers onto the front and inside of the keepsake. Layer the two crosses on top of each other using the Multi-purpose liquid glue and Silicone Craft Sheet (Catalogue No: 127853) as shown in the attached video, then use the Foam Adhesive Strips by Stampin’ Up! to add dimension to your design. Add sparkly rhinestones to finish.
Voila, a beautiful Keepsake to gift for Lent/Easter.
Don’t forget to check out my handmade Card which uses Bermuda Bay, Watercolour Card and Vellum. See how I white embossed and then water coloured my design using Lemon Lime Twist and Bermuda Bay Ink Pads. I used my sewing machine to stitch the vellum cardstock to the water coloured design to add more detail. This design will be posted on Friday 26th January and so you don’t miss a thing, subscribe to my blog here on my website to receive all updates in your Inbox.
Happy Crafting with LOVE from SANDRA x
Independent (Silver) Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in the U.K.