Hi my Stampin’ Friends,
as promised in my video of Tuesday 30th January, here are details of how I made the handmade Water Coloured Card using the Cross of Hope Bundle on Page 27 of the 2018 Spring/Summer Catalogue.
1. Cut a piece of Bermuda Bay Cardstock at 11 1/2″ x 4 1/8″ (29 x 10.5 cm), a piece of Water Colour Cardstock at 4 3/4 x 3 1/2″ (12 x 9 cm) and a piece of Vellum Cardstock at 4 3/8 x 3 1/4″ (11 x 8.3 cm).
2. Using the floral spray from the Hold on to Hope Stamp Set white heat emboss onto the piece of Water Colour Card using Stampin” White Emboss Powder, Versamark and set it with your Heat Tool. Leave to dry for a few minutes.
3. Using your Aqua Painter filled with water add a water colour wash across the Water Colour Card. Then use the Lemon Lime Twist and Bermuda Bay Ink Pads and squish the top of the ink pad so that when you open it up, you use the ink that is in the lid to place your Aqua Painter into. Paint with one colour at a time and clean your brush between colours. Leave to dry or use your Heat Tool (for a speedier process, especially if you are impatient like me, he, he!).
4. Place Vellum Cardstock on top of your stamped Water Colour Card and using a sewing machine, run some stitches around the outside border of your design. (This is such a fun thing to do, I love a bit of sewing!)
5. Using the border image from the Stamp Set stamp around the edge of the Bermuda Bay Card Base using the same colour ink.
6. Glue the Water Coloured image onto the front of the Card Base using strong glue (I find Fast Fuse perfect, as it is sticky and dries instantly, leaving no mess).
7. Die cut the images from the Cross of Hope Framelits dies using Silver Foiled Cardstock and adhere a piece of silver edged ribbon around the top of the cross and add to the front using dimensionals. Finish off with a Clear Faceted Gem.
8. Stamp the sentiment onto a slither of left over Water Coloured Card and stick down to the front. Stamp the butterfly image using Bermuda Bay ink onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and die cut using the dies.
9. Cut a piece of Whisper White Card for the inside at 5 1/4 x 3 3/4″ (13.3 x 9.7 cm) and stamp images of your choice using Lemon Lime Twist and Bermuda Bay Ink Pads. An absolutely STUNNING Card!
Here is my video again from Tuesday if you should have missed it.
Happy Crafting with LOVE from SANDRA x
Independent (Silver) Demonstrator in the U.K.